Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Just a very quick blog to give you an update on a couple kittens.

We had two adoptions yesterday!  Nairobi and Liris who are siblings were adopted together. Their new mama is super patient and will further bring out the confidence in them. They enjoy being held and have great purrers.  

I've heard from the family that adopted Nyla.  She is doing great and has explored.  She and Aimee are working on being friends. But, it sounds like Nyla is quite comfortable.

Vincent.  I'm very sorry to let you know that Vincent has passed away.  He was with us approximately 4 weeks.  Remember....he arrived with a poo-ball on his bum and tummy that was like nothing I've seen before.  Once that was off, he had major healing to do to all of his skin in that area. He's been progressing on this healing very nicely.  However, he always appeared to be "slow" to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but he wasn't as active as most kittens are.  Thursday he ate very well and I saw him playing.  Friday morning he was in trouble---that quick. I wrapped him in a towel and took him inside.  We have emergency meds we can give in these situations, but he collapsed and passed very quickly.  I have a feeling his problem was respiratory but not sure. We are having a necropsy done and will learn lots. I'm just so very sorry this happened. He was a happy little boy. We will retire his Vincent name and always remember him with love.