We have been asked a few questions lately about the "daily life" here at FFRC, so here is a bit of what it takes to care for the 80-110 cats and kittens in the rescue center and approx. 30 other cats on site in an average day:
- Walls are washed daily in the 3 rescue rooms, floors are vacuumed and mopped 3 times daily.
- We will use 35-40 cans of cat food, 15 pounds of dry cat/kitten food, & 40 pounds of scoopable litter.
- Every piece of bedding is washed daily. When combined with all the towels we use, a total of 18-22 loads of laundry will be washed, dried, folded and put away.
- 50-60 phone calls will be received
- The treatment board is checked. This keeps us up to date on any medical needs such as worming, vaccinations, and testing, as well as things like grooming and toenail trimming.
- If it's a surgery day at the Earth Angels clinic, several spays/castrations may be done on the rescue center's cats and kittens
- Most days we will have adoptions take place as well as have incoming cats and kittens.
- Lots of “behind the scenes” work such as ordering supplies, shopping trips to local stores, bill paying, reference checks for potential adoptions, answering emails, returning phone calls, keeping up with Petfinder, Facebook and the blog.