Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday, October 20

Mission accomplished! Skittles has been delivered to her mom, Brenda in Reno. It was pure joy to see Skittles being held by Brenda. We were able to have about 45 minutes to sit down together and chat. We also went over Skittles medical records. Then it was time for Skittles to go home! There could not possibly have been a better traveling cat than what Skittles was. In the airport, she was perfect on the floor, just sitting there in the sun and watching the happenings. On the plane, she just sat in my lap, completely contented. What an awesome girl. 

Brenda has expressed deep thanks for all involved in this whole Skittles Adventure. The campers, the rangers, Steuben County Humane Society, FFRC and the volunteers, the viewers and donators that made this event possible. I also, am very grateful to everyone. The payoff was simple--to see the joy on Brenda's face when she held her Skittles. Thanks too for all your encouragement in regards to this trip and the prayers sent up for a safe journey. 

We had BOXES last night! I was so blown away yesterday when I returned from Skittles Adventure, to see all the boxes that had been delivered. Slowly, over the next few days, we will get to them all! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. YOU are part of the foundation that helps to hold FFRC together.
LewBeth, Betsy and Jane--all visitors of FFRC and staying in Kitty Kastle: Fancy Feast baby can food, 3 cases of Friskies, 2 b oxes of Whiskas, 1 case of Fancy Feast, 1 case of Gravy Sensations, dry cat food, 5 boxes of Sheba, 4 boxes of litter, doggie treats, bunches of kitty toys, pop tabs for Kellen, tuna/salmon treats, scratcher turbo toy, 1 donut/8 kitty beds, bag full of adoption bags, sardines and lots of cat snackers. For the volunteers: big jar of cheese balls, reeses pieces, oreos, popcorn, cookies, snacks.
Anonymous--baby food!
Anonymous--bucket of horse treats
Bamagirl/Peggy K from AL--card with donation & 3 books of stamps, 2 big rolls of scotch packaging tape, 2 reams of colored copy paper (1 is cardstock) & 6 large binders
Anonymous--1 case of Angel Soft toilet paper
Cachemaine--cute card, catnip mice and some special catnip from Maine
Anonymous--8 germ-x hand santizers.
Julie P--pet mat for Skittles (which was in her pet traveler and given to her to take home) 
Wanda H from GA--a donation thru PayPal for FFRC
Mary N from NJ--a donation thru PayPal for FFRC
Nigel W from UK--a donation thru PayPal for FFRC
Eleanor F from CT--a donation thru PayPal for Skittles's Adventure


If your gift comes up as listed "anonymous", please don't hesitate to let me know by e-mail that it's from you! I'd appreciate it.

This blog is a tad bit different than others. I just feel the need to pass on a few of my feelings.

Viktor Frankl, a survivor of the prison camps once said: "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way." I've always liked this, as to me, it means, we CHOOSE our attitude. We may not personally have much, but always that right of choosing our attitude is there. That's HUGE--it can define who we are and how we choose our way of life, regardless of outside situations. This can hit us on many levels. In regards to FFRC's "level"--we choose to be here and to run this Rescue Center to the best ability that we can.....because we WANT to! 

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow". by Mary Anne Radmacher. We all make mistakes. I freely admit I make them every day, but I am choosing to continue on, willing to try again tomorrow. 

One of my very favorite sayings in the world is: PEACE.  "It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." My peace, I always pray, comes from God for myself and FFRC. 

That's all!  Just felt like sharing this.

Since I've been back, Badu has torn up 4 sheets of papers that's been taped to my desk (I have witnesses!). She's left me hug and kiss her lots! I think she does the paper-ripping thing just for the joy of it! Cutie has just spent 10 minutes in my lap--all rubbing and happy. That's our Cutie girl! Audrey looks wonderful--no more tummy trouble problems for her. A week from today is the next spay/neuter day. On Monday, Mary and I will do a big Weigh-In day for all those that are not neutered yet. 

On to a great weekend! 

Wonderful Gossamer--such a great  purrer!
Gossamer