Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday, March 31

Happy Easter to all.  I hope you and your family have a wonderful, happy day.

This is going to be a most unusual blog.I also feel bad about addressing this on such a special day, but felt the need that it should be said.

I honestly don't know all that happened last night on the chat, but I understand from reading many e-mails that mods and chatters were not happy. Things happened. I understand from several people, that I had given approval for some of the things that were said/done on chat. I would like you to know, I knew nothing of what was happening. I was peacefully sleeping, totally unaware until this morning. Now, I know many of you are probably shaking your head, wondering what's up. But for those who were present on the chat, I am sorry that things were done that hurt many feelings. I honestly don't know the whole picture and quite frankly maybe I don't want to know.

This is what I DO know. This chat is suppose to be about the cats and the rescue center. It is not about a million other things that may be said, could be said, is said, that hurts other people's feelings. I DO know that my wish is that we all get along. We don't HAVE to have this chat, we don't HAVE to have the cam. I WANT the chat and the cam, because I feel it brings alot of joy to many many people. But, it's not a necessity. If it means that people are being mean, are saying cruel and hurtful things, that things are causing more negativity than positive, then we may lose this chat. The reason? THAT IS NOT WHAT IT IS INTENDED TO BE.  I love this rescue center with a passion, but it is not here to cause harm.  From whatever happened last night, I know we have already lost some good friends because they totally disagreed with things that have been happening on chat.

The bottom line, we either all get along, be nice and speak nice or we don't have it. You all mean a lot to me.  I've been taught that if you can't say anything nice, then don't say it. We all have feelings and it's much easier to be peaceful with one another than to be hurtful. It's also what we SHOULD do. Today of all days, this should ring true to you. This chat is to bring JOY, not hard feelings. I know of other webcams that have imploded upon itself. I never ever want that to happen here. This rescue center is here to promote good things, not hurtful things. But, if it's going in the wrong direction, then we won't have it.

I appreciate the support you have for us and hope and pray that we can continue this webcam. But it will only be continued for the good of FFRC. I won't have this rescue center's name be marred by hurt or insults or negativity. Thank you for listening to me.