Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday, June 28

I've just counted--there's 14 cats on the window ledges in the Kitty Kabana room! They sure love watching the birds and the action of what's going on out there. Sometimes the peacocks visit, sometimes the porchies come over to sniff at them thru the screen. There was even a chipmunk a couple days ago that caused quite a big stir. Then I walked out to my desk and there were 4 kittens sleeping on the desk on top of all my paperwork. Add Kukster who was walking around on the floor and it makes for a pretty good morning!

We sent a lot of boxes and packages to the post office yesterday. Some of your Catathon items will soon be delivered. We will work full speed ahead, again today on them. If there's anyone "out there" who have not received your items from the last Day Sale, please e-mail me and let me know. Sometimes we slip up on an order and our goal is to get each one correct.

The 6 kittens are out loose in the back Thumper's Room. They are Toby, Pokie Dots, Dennis, Althea, Canto. Plus we still have Titoes in a top pen. The good news is, he ate a full breakfast by himself today. Wow--this has been a nasty virus, but I believe he's winning the battle. It's been a long, hard week for him, but he's tough. We noticed the last couple days that his breathing is easier, he groomed himself last night and nibbled a bit too by himself. He'll be in recovery mode for a few more days.

Little Canto continues to rest. He's been sleeping a lot and that's ok. Afterall, he's been thru a lot in the last week. He's able to bear a bit of weight on that pinned leg. He's in the front Thumper's Room, along with Merlyn, Intrepid and Camvie.  That Camvie--what a scamp she is. Now, when she's hungry, she climbs up onto the counter and sits beside her bowl of food. She won't eat it but she'll reach her little paw out to you, like --hey, I'm hungry, please feed me. So....we continue to feed her! Won't be long until she's figured out what to do. In the meantime, we're enjoying it!

We have thank yous to give:
Lawrence G--donation thru PayPal
Brad B from KY--donation thru PayPal
Gusti from Germany--donation thru PayPal for Camvie for food and meds, from her neighbour Gisela.
Carol (a friend of Courtney who is visiting) donated the Thomas Train wooden set and Annie Leibovitz book (we will use these for a Day Sale!), also printer paper, snackers, RC food, fancy feast, pet shampoo/condition, cat ped beds, Friskies

We will have BOXES tonight! I crashed last night and no way could I keep my eyes open! So, early to bed for me! But, we will have them tonight. We already have 6.

My heart has been full this week, trying to absorb fully the Catathon event. I am so very grateful for what has happened. So many people worked very hard for this event to take place--people here, people "out there" in cam land. I thank you with a full heart of gratitude. The kitties say they are also very very thankful!

Althea says: "I delcare this Toby to be my friend".