Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday, Jan. 27

Hug your cat. Kiss your dog. Keep them close and be grateful for them. This cold winter that many of us are experiencing is so very hard for the outside pets.

I also got a couple notifications about the fire that happened to S.T.O.P. (Stop the Overpopulation-Pets) just this past Friday, in Mansfield, OH.   S.T.O.P is a cat shelter. This is only about 2 1/2 hours from Defiance. I called the director to talk to her. Her name is Diana. I was privileged to talk to her about the situation. Apparently they have 42 cats at the vets office under treatment, 2 are already in foster care and 3 passed away in the fie and 1 is still unaccounted for although seen in the area. 18 of the cats at the vet clinic are in fairly stable condition. The reason for me calling was to offer FFRC's help. If we can take some of the cats and continue their treatments, we would be honored to do so. I told Diana my greatest fear with our Rescue Center is fire. To have to experience this tragedy would be heart breaking.  The purpose of this blog? I'm asking for your help. I asked Diana her #1 need right now and she said prayers. I said I would post that on our blog.  So, if you are a prayerful person, please pray for the cats that belong to S.T.O.P and for their healing. And pray for guidance for Diana and the volunteers. This is a tragedy I hope to never have to experience. Thank you for being the kind of friends that makes it possible to ask this request of.