Saturday, June 27, 2015

Saturday, June 27

Tomorrow is the day---Catathon Day! How so exciting. We have the BIG TV here that will go under the Shelter House for all our visitors to watch. We have the Porta-Pot in place. The Werlor trashbin has been emptied. Cookies and Pies are here! The Shelter House is clean and ready. All Baskets and Big Ticket Items are smiling and ready too! Volunteers are ready and waiting to go! The Raffles items are busting to know who will win them! We are a go for a very exciting day!

It is pouring buckets outside. I don't think I've seen it rain this much ever all in one day. It's suppose to rain the entire day and then no rain tomorrow.....so, that is good.

I've talked to Terri and Evad and Mary Kay are doing good and already becoming friends. Terri's "normal" amount of cats that she always had in the past was 5. She would like a sibling to Mary Kay to help her feel more secure. I do believe Hark will be joining her soon! But 3 will be her limit!

We have thanks to give, as we had BOXES last night. I am so grateful.
Suzanne, Andre and sweet Freemont--lots of Babywipes  for those kitty faces!
Julie, volunteer--2 bottles of vinegar, Can Friskies, assorted kitty toys, cat nip, doggie treats
Lynn B--donation to FFRC
Jennifer B from CA--donation to FFRC
Jan from Hawaii--a donation for Catathon!
Carole R/zen--donation for FFRC, just because!
Ashley F--donation for FFRC
Lucy/lu-little & Benny--donation for Catathon!
Susan S/raspbearyjan--flag for yard, lots of sheets, syringes/alcohol preps, Snow cone maker with cups, straws and lots of flabors, Clever Mop
Lostgirl--snackers, 2-16 lb bags of Purina One & Pro Plan
Great Aunt Julie/tigercat from IA--4 boxes Purrfectly fish
Plee--3-40 lb bags of Precious Litter

The kittens are all doing great. The cats are wonderful. Friends are arriving for the weekend. Possible adoption(s) this weekend? What a lot going on!

This is a short blog, but I wanted to touch bases with you before the Catathon. Be ready for a couple fun things tomorrow!

Rescued Cat

Once I was a lonely cat, just looking for a home.
I had no place to go, no one to call my own.
I wandered up and down the streets, in rain, in heat, and snow.
I ate whatever I could find; I was always on the go.

My skin would itch, my feet were sore, my body ached with pain.
And no one stopped to give a pat or gently say my name.
I never saw a loving glance; I was always on the run.
For people thought that hurting me was really lots of fun.

And then one day I heard a voice...so gentle, kind and sweet,
And arms so soft reached down to me and took me off my feet.
"No one again will hurt you," was whispered in my ear.
"You'll have a home to call your own where you will know no fear.
You will be dry, you will be warm, you'll have enough to eat.
And rest assured that when you sleep, your dreams will all be sweet."

I was afraid, I must admit; I've lived so long in fear.
I can't remember when I let a human come so near.
And as she tended to my wounds and bathed and brushed my fur,
She told me about the rescue group and what it meant to her.

She said, "We are a circle, a line that never ends.
And in the center, there is you, protected by new friends.
And all around you are the ones who check the pounds,
And those that share their home after you've been found.

And all the other folk are searching near and far.
To find the perfect home for you, where you can be a star".
She  said, "There is a family who's waiting patiently,
and pretty soon we'll find them, just you wait and see."

And then they'll join our circle; they'll help to make it grow,
so there'll be room for more like you, who have no place to go."
I waited very patiently; the days they came and went.
Today's the day, I always thought, my family will be sent.

Then just when I began to think it wasn't meant to be,
there were  people standing there, just gazing down at me.
I knew them in a heartbeat; I could tell they felt it too.
They said, "We have been waiting for a special cat like you."

Now every night, I say a prayer to all the gods that be,
"Thank you for the life I live and for all you've given me.
But most of all, protect the cats in the pound and on the street.
And send a Rescue Person to lift them off their feet."


-- Arlene Pace,  September 18, 1998 --

As you read this poem, please know that these cats here are "our" cats. You are as much a rescurer as we are. The things we do are because of your support. The things we have already accomplished are because of your interest and donations. It's sheer relief to know "you have our back" here at FFRC. YOU all have become a huge part of this Rescue Center. And I thank you for this.

Now........on to Catathon! Let's have a fun time at this very exciting event!