Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tuesday, July 19

Do you realize it's just a short 7 1/2 weeks from Catstock? Time just goes so quickly.  Paddy Cake is here on my desk and he says to cherish each moment---time is precious.  

Yesterday I finally finished catching up PetFinders. I'm embarrassed when I realized how far behind I was on it.  I will try not to do that again.  Anyway, we have the kittens finally listed with their stories and 3 pictures of each.  Thanks to Schinn and Vaun for catching the last few pictures that I was missing. 

Thanks to Ingrid/ju-in-ji for your donation to help with Koda's neutering. 

I've heard from Kim who adopted Cagney. His new name is Cosmo. He traveled his trip home without a worry and has settled in nicely already!  The picture I saw was wonderful! Thanks, Kim.

I've also heard from Donia about Fatima.  "Saffron (new name) is doing wonderful. She has been playing with Juby. She gets along great with Juby & Shadow. She is very happy and makes biscuits on my bed.Saffron truly enjoys the scratches I give her and she rolls around in joy".  Thanks, Donia.

The surgery cats have all recovered so nicely. It's amazing---they always act like nothing has happened to them.  

Tyger and Lucy are doing good.  Lucy is everywhere now and Tyger is comfortable mainly in the Kitty Kabana Room---I think he likes the windows! Classy is becoming more adventurous and is much of the time in the Kitty Campus Room. She likes to climb. Felix is venturing more too. Such a handsome boy he is.


Volunteer Profile time! This time it's on our wonderful Saturday evening volunteer, Megan. 
How long have you been at FFRC?  3 years
How did you find FFRC? I found a squirrel that was hit on the road and was struggling. I brought him to FFRC to help ease his pain.  From then, I knew I wanted to work here.
Do you have a hobby at home or something you enjoy? I really love to travel and have a goal to go to every country.
What are some of the things you like about FFRC? The amazing cats & volunteers, of course!

Snap, crackle, pop, zoom, zig, run, jump, dash there, hop here---these are all the things going on in the back Thumper's Room.  The 10 kittens back there are in high energy form! It's so fun to go in there, especially when they all seem to wake up from their nap at the same time---watch out!  It's cray in there! 

The best way to work---Vernon napping on the desk, Kevin and Sarge all cuddled together on the other cushie,  Asha right behind me, Trucker on the raised cushie by the desk---what better way to work than this?! And Cutie has already been in the lap this morning too! 

I get asked quite frequently---why don't the cats fight more here?  Why aren't they grumpy?  Why do they keep accepting new cats into their home here?  I don't know why, other than we try and keep them all happy.  I truly wish humans were more like this---why can we not be more accepting of each other, more forgiving and more open to friendships? It sure would make a better human world. 

The health of the kittens is good. The cats are happy. Bellies are nice and round. Clear eyes. Very little sneezing (some sneezes are fine!).  No runny eyes.  I'm so thankful for the cats health. Good health is one of our top goals. Vaccines are wonderful. Good food is a big plus. Cleaning techniques help tremendously. But.......their happiness is also important---keeps the immune systems healthy! 

I'd sure appreciate it if you'd vote for FFRC daily at: 
http://eaglerarelife.com/content/jacci-moss-0          It would be a big help and I thank you! 

Today we will start on our next project--the July Fun-draiser!  This is the one we've been very excited about--it's for the computer systems that we have here---to keep things updated and working properly.  The items for this Fun-draiser is awesome! We'll be taking pictures today and starting to get organized.  This will run from Sunday morning to Weds. AM with the event being Weds. evening! Keep watching---will be a really fun one! 

Then, comes the time to start full force on organizing for Catstock. We already have the wonderful band, Strawberry Hill coming! The big top tents are ordered as are the porta-pots (so important!). We're working on a few new twists to this years event! 

Friends are people who make your problems their problems, just so you don't have to go through them alone.  What a great thing we can do for each other.  Derecho practices this every day! Have a great day!