Sunday, December 2, 2018

December 2, 2018 Kitty Christmas

I have cried a zillion tears in the last 24 hours--all tears of joy and gratitude though. Kitty Christmas was yesterday.  And it was an awesome day. Totally filled with joy and happy things! What an absolutely awesome day. It was very humbling--the gifts, the outpouring of love and generosity was overwhelming. And the support of our volunteers and the box-givers for the cat's Christmas was purely wonderful. 

Here's a bit of a breakdown:
Total number of "boxes" were 1,028--a whopping number.
This totaled 26,844 pounds of gifts for the cats.
FIrst paypal and first box arrived September 9--an early start!
110 bags of dry kitten food
95 bags of dry adult food
215 snacker containers  (the cats especially like this!)
498 canned cat food containers
111 canned kitten food containers
106 cases of baby food meat
357 bags of litter
We had over 45 volunteers here helping!
And lots and lots of other items from coffee & snacks for the vols, paper towels, toys, gift cards, cleaning supplies, dryer sheets, mop heads, plates, tuna, chicken baby wipes, etc and even toilet paper! 

We had some really awesome surprises, including 300 bags of litter delivered here for Kitty Christmas. Plus we received more bags above this amount!

We also received much needed medical supplies (paid in full!)--distemper vaccines, bordetella vaccines, Idexx leukemia/FIV/heartworm test kit box, Panacur wormer, a long-acting antibiotic. So wonderful to have these items and have them paid for already! 

I was presented with a paper scroll that showed our gigantic vet bill.  I was so engrossed in the amount of money that we owed,  I didn't at first see it was stamped PAID IN FULL!  What a tremendous gift that was and a huge worry off my shoulders. 

And then..........there was excess donations to that vet bill that we accumulated a credit at the vet's bill.  And by the time our generous FFRCNation pitched in some bump ups, we have now a credit of over $6,100!!!!!!! What a relief! 

Goss/Linda was the original person who thought up the idea of Kitty Christmas--many thanks! And then BIll and Angie rolled with it---

I've been asked about my "thank you" at the end of Kitty Christmas, so I'll just print it here:
"The first thing I’d like to do is to thank all of you who support Friends of Felines Rescue Center.  It may be thru donations, from prayers and good thoughts, joining us for our Fun-Raiser and Flash Sales or keeping track of the kitties and cats on the webcam.  There’s so many ways that you show us that you care about the cats, the volunteers---the work that we do here.


It’s awesome to know you have our backs for myself and the volunteers which then allows us to give quality care to the cats and kittens.  The donations, the love, the compassion that you give us is mind boggling.  The words thank you really is not enough. But…..here’s my promise………I will always give my best to this rescue center.  I love this FFRC with a passion and I want to honor you by doing my best.

The volunteers that we have…………aren’t they just the bestest of the best!!  Our volunteers are truly priceless. They give their time and talent and compassion – all with a whole heart. Volunteers show their big hearts, their unselfish caring and patience to FFRC.  Rescue work is not a glamor job. It’s hard, dirty, frustrating work at times. But………it’s a hundred times acceptable because this is what happens……….the Derechos show us how determined they are to be their own self, the Mr. Andersons show us that they get an A+ for their efforts, when the kittens climb our legs and look at us like we are their mamas (which we are!), when I hear the volunteers laughing and giggling about a funny situation, when the potty accidents happen and the cats give us that look of “I’m very very sorry”, when they fall asleep on us for a nap……….all of it……it’s rewarding and so fills us with joy.  It takes special people to be volunteers and we sure are blessed with our volunteers.

Brian, our Santa Claus.  You are awesome.  We all thank you for your generous heart.  You help make this Kitty Christmas be possible. When kindness was being given out, you were given a huge dose of it! You give and give and keep on smiling!

Angie and Bill—wow………I sure don’t know how to say enough thank yous.  You have given huge chunks of your time for FFRC. You have shopped at uncountable stores for Kitty Christmas.  You have given up your garage to hold all these wonderful donations! You give so much of yourselves to this Rescue Center.  And you have been here almost 20 years with me---our first volunteers! I am deeply grateful to you both.  And let’s just say for the record—I’m quite sure this is all Bill and Goss’s fault!

I’m wondering…….has anyone ever told you all out there in cam land how wonderful you all are?  Just in case you haven’t heard these words in a while, I want you to hear them now.  You deserve to know that……..It takes someone special like you all are to help this Rescue Center function as it does. It takes someone remarkable to let the volunteers know they are appreciated.  It takes someone who has a big heart and a caring soul to have the compassion that we feel from you. It takes someone who is living proof of how treasured a person can be.  And that someone is……our webcam friends who have made this Kitty Christmas a tremendous success.  You are exactly what AN Act of Kindness really means. We are grateful!

And Steve…….he’s my backer-upper, my hubby of 45 years!  He is so patient with me, let’s me rant and rave on those days that I need to, never tires of hearing me talk about the cats, let’s me cry when I have to, shares my joy of FFRC and is always available to help in so many ways. Sure do love him!"

Kitty Christmas was just the most special of days for FFRC.  For me to see the kind of support shown was very overwhelming.  Our shelves, cabinets, drawers, buildings are full with much needed items! You all are important to me and this Rescue Center. If I could, I'd jump into everyone's home and give a quick hug of thanks!  Please know that I am so very grateful. 

Tomorrow--fun quickie flash sale at NOON---LOTS of Christmas items!  We have so many people that are very talented and have donated handmade items for these sales! 

Have an awesome day!  I'm still basking in the greatness of yesterday!